Saturday, January 26, 2008

"The Daring Book for Girls"

I have to tell you about this great book that I got for Christmas this year. It's called "The Daring Book for Girls" by Andrea J. Buchanan and Miriam Peskowitz and I just happened to see it on Amazon.com while doing some early Christmas shopping this past year. It was just published in 2007 and it's kind of an "everything a girl could possibly ever need to know" book -- great for a young girl, or like me, the mother of girls!

This book contains all sorts of interesting information from a list of essential gear that no girl should be without (including a Swiss Army knife, hair band, duct tape, and patience to name a few), books that will change your life, how to change a tire, yoga, and campfire songs. It also has craft ideas, games, and information on famous women -- Joan of Arc, modern women leaders, famous women inventors, women spies, and so on.

I can't wait to finish reading this fascinating book and more than that, I cannot wait to start sharing some of these things with my own "Daring Girls"! I'm not sure which my girl will be interested in trying first -- palm reading or making friendship bracelets. It will be a few years before we get into the chapter on boys and the chapter on how to negotiate a salary!

No comments: