Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Packing - Again!

Yes, I know it seems as though it was only two week ago since our last vacation (oh wait, it was!), but we are off again! Hey, that's how we roll here! ;) Not really, but it does seem that we will be confined to the house for the majority of the year, and then all of the big events in our lives are crammed into two months time...

Anyway, after racing home from work and picking up my girls from Grandpa, we were off to fill the tank, pick up last minute birthday gifts, snacks and groceries for the trip, and then back home for dinner (thanks for the leftovers, Cath -- they were great!) and packing! Oh, did I mention my little one seems to be coming down with something? Right before we leave to drive 8 hours to a family reunion? Yeah. Oh, and did I also mention that Friday is her 2nd birthday? We may be squeezing a trip o the doctor in to the mix tomorrow morning, between packing the car and stopping to grab a bagel for the road!

But we are very excited to hit the road again and especially excited to see our Long Island relatives -- many of whom we haven't seen since February! We have a very busy weekend planned -- birthday party for my girlie with the family on Friday afternoon, then off to my husband's cousin's house for dinner and the reunion "opening ceremonies". Then back over there at 11:00am on Saturday for a full day of swimming, games, eating and catching up with relatives. The festivities will last until about midnight (I'll be taking at least my little one back to my brother-in-law and sister-in-law's house well before that!) with the evening ending with with a dj and dancing. The finale will no doubt be a rousing "kick-line" (this A Chorus Line or the Rockettes) to Frank Sinatra singing "New York, New York" -- a long-standing tradition in my hubby's family. We will miss the farewell breakfast the next morning because my husband's employer (Lowe's) in their infinite wisdom has scheduled him to open the store on Monday (day after his vacation) at 4:00am -- which means he will be waking up at 2:30am!

But all in all, we are looking forward to a great weekend spent with our endlessly fun and entertaining family. My older daughter is about giddy (that was her new word today, by the way) with excitement over getting to see her cousins! Have a wonderful weekend, and we'll catch up when I get back!

1 comment:

Teamcarbone said...

Sorry we didn't get to chat before the trip, but it sounds like you had limited time for chatting those past few days!

I hope your LO is ok. Can't wait to hear all about your trip.