Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Name That Tune

We're back! We had a wonderful time at the family reunion in Long Island and it was a worthwhile trip, if for no other reason than that we discovered our older daughter's talent for KARAOKE! The reunion was held at my husband's cousin's home (BEAUTIFUL!). In addition to the playground for the kid's, the gorgeous heated pool with the waterfall running into it, and the dunking booth (both hubby & his brother tried that out, of course!), they also had a dj there Sat night from 6 - 11pm and he had a whole karaoke set-up available. My girl and her cousin who is the same age started out with "Life Is A Highway" which Rascall Flatts sings in "Cars." We could only hear my niece (who sounded fabulous, by the way!), and my girl was moving her lips but we couldn't hear her -- I thought she was being shy, but later I decided that it was a faulty mike. She sang 4 other songs during the evening including "Happy Birthday" (a month early to me...) and "Feliz Navidad" (this was the last one and the one that made my husband and I decide that was enough for one night!).

But by far, the best of the bunch was seeing her and her 5 year old cousin get up and sing "It's the End of the World" -- they thought it was REM's "It's the End of the World As We Know It" which is in the movie "Chicken Little." Actually, it turned out to be that song, "Don't they know, it's the end of the world, it ended when you said goodbye..." or something like that -- totally an easy-listening song that I am SURE my girl has never heard before. But, she could read the karaoke screen and she followed the tune and she belted it out and sounded GREAT! We were so proud!! I took some pictures -- the one time I did not bring my video camera!!! And my sister-in-law was standing next to me crying, because the two of them were SO adorable!

SO, my girl has informed me that she would like a karaoke machine, and wouldn't that be great fun at her Webkinz birthday party that she is planning (for January...)!

2 comments:

Catherine Amico said...

Love the blog!!! Keep on writing!

Cath

The Fine Art of Motherhood said...

Thanks for the comment, Cath! It's so nice to hear from the people who read my blog!