Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Great Idea -- Chrissy's Reading Nook!

Chris had a great idea for her daughter, which she posted on her blog today (http://livingbeautifullyfrugally.blogspot.com/2008/02/reading-nook.html). She made her girl a quiet little reading nook in the living room, which will be a great place for her to unwind during the day.

Reading this reminded me that when we first moved into our house I envisioned large, comfy pillows on the floor of the living room for my child(ren) to lounge around on and be comfortable. It's funny that I haven't thought about that until reading Chris' post about the reading nook and seeing her picture with the big pillows in the corner. I think that I will make this my winter project, and I can get my girl to help with picking out the fabric and stuffing her own pillow.

And this will be something that I am sure she will love -- she LOVES to pull the couch cushions off the couch and throw them on the floor to lounge on (exactly what my original thought about the big pillows had been 5 years ago!) -- of course, with my (self-diagnosed) mild case of obsessive compulsive disorder I start twitching a little when she yanks the cushions off the couch! This should satisfy both of us -- she gets to lounge on the floor in comfort (she's welcome to sit or lay on the couch, but for some reason she prefers the floor!) and I get to keep the cushions on the couch! And it will be a fun little project for us. Thanks for the inspiration, Chris!

1 comment:

Christine said...

You're welcome! Thanks for the plug!

I have to tell you, the nook is working out great! After pre-school the other day I told her we were going to go home and rest a little in her nook and she was all for it!