Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Welcome!

Recently I was introduced to the world of blogging by my friend Christine, who started her own blog (http://livingbeautifullyfrugally.blogspot.com). I always enjoy reading her posts, and it has inspired me to start my own blog, to share my thoughts on the most important job I've ever held -- being a mother to my two beautiful girls! So, I would like to share the triumphs and the trials of being a working mother of two.

I do not profess to be the perfect mother, but I love my children dearly and I marvel at the immensely important task that my husband and I have been given -- to help them develop into the amazing individuals that I know they will be. My brother-in-law Joe and I were talking about "career fulfillment" and he said that he has given up the idea that he will change the world with the work that he does. However, he said that he now feels the difference he is making is in supporting his family and his three children, and maybe someday one of them will change the world. That really spoke volumes to me, because I have always felt that my girls are a special gift and I feel that as a parent, as a mother, I have a tremendous responsibility to them, to help empower them to be good, strong, well-rounded, and caring adults.

Hopefully there are others out there who will enjoy reading this and who will perhaps take something away with them, but also leave some thoughts or advice of their own.

2 comments:

Christine said...

It looks great! I can't wait to see more!!!

The Fine Art of Motherhood said...

Thank you for your help and your inspiration!