Saturday, September 29, 2007

Out of the Mouths of Babes

I had to just share this quick little story -- for those of you who are not aware, Disney's "Hannah Montana" is going on tour -- this is like the Beatles coming to America for the first time, only for the 2007 elementary school crowd! I put little notes all around the house last night to remind me that tickets went on sale at 10am today, and I was down here on my computer at 9:55am, waiting, watching the clock. At 10:00 on the dot, I started to try and get the tickets, which are $26.50, $40.50, $56.00 -- for a child's "rock" concert... Of course, I tried for the $26.50 first, and I needed 4 because my friend and her daughter were planning to join us. The tickets that came up were at the far end of the venue, with an obstructed view -- didn't seem worth it when bringing two 6 year olds, with limited attention span and patience level... So, I let those go and tried for the next price level -- nothing available. Tried for the 3rd price level -- nothing available. Tried for 2 tickets at a time, instead of 4 together -- nothing available!

So, here I sat, crushingly disappointed, and my sweet girl, completely unaware of what was going on, came over to show me something and she saw Hannah Montana's picture on the screen. I told her that I had tried to get us tickets, but that all I could get were seats where we wouldn't have been able to see, and that I tried for better, more expensive seats and couldn't get any tickets at all. After a brief look of disappointment, I gave her a big hug and said I was sorry that we couldn't go, and do you know what she said, "That's ok Mommy, Juliet from school is going, so I'll just ask her how it was!" She always surprises me, and so often makes me feel better about life's little disappointments!

3 comments:

Christine said...

How did juliette's mom get tickets???

The Fine Art of Motherhood said...

Fan club members could apparently buy tickets during a pre-sale -- I'm assuming that's how she got them. Of course, last year one little girl from my daughter's kindergarten class had all the girls convinced that she was Hannah Montana's sister -- so perhaps they got the tickets through that girl! ;)

Anonymous said...

The Beatles are coming to America again????!!!!????!!!! But doesn't Paul already live in America??? I'm not exactly sure how this is working out...