Tuesday, January 1, 2013

New Year's Resolutions - 2013

We had a quiet New Year's Eve last night -- just the 4, I mean 5, of us home for the evening!  Usually my husband and I feed the girls their dinner early, and then we try to have a romantic dinner in the dining room by the fireplace.  Last night we just had dinner together.  We watched the tribute to Dick Clark, and because my little one took a nap yesterday afternoon, we let the girls stay up to see the ball drop at midnight.  This was the most exciting part of the evening, but that's ok, because to us, New Year's has become less about parties and more about ringing in the new year with the ones we love!  My nearly 12-year-old had the idea to video tape our New Year's resolutions, so we all took a turn.  She and her sister had a few, mostly to get along better with each other.  My husband is resolving to find a new job in 2013, and I made a couple about getting in shape physically, and financially.  I actually have a whole slew of them to enhance my life and the lives of my family, hopefully!  Here goes (in no particular order) -

1)  Take better care of myself - not a diet, but an overall emphasis on caring for myself - eating better, getting more rest, keeping up on dr's appointments, going for walks with our new puppy and also using the treadmill for it's actual purpose - not to hang clothes on...  Pampering myself is also going to fall into this category!  For starters, when I took my youngest for a haircut the other day I decided that I was going to treat myself to a long overdue eyebrow wax!

2) Take better care of our finances - we have not always been fabulous with our finances and little by little we are improving that.  We are considerably better than we used to be, and barring any unforeseen circumstance, I think 2013 will be an even better year!

3) Write on my blog more often!!  I was just dreadfully neglectful of my blog in 2012, and since it is partly my record of what is going on with my children, I intend to be much better in 2013!  I have to look at this as fitting into the "pampering myself" category, because it is something I enjoy doing for myself!  And look at that, Day 1 of 2013 and I have posted my first blog post of the year -- not a bad start!!

What resolutions have you made for 2013?

No comments: