Monday, January 14, 2013

Easy, Reuseable Daily Calendar

I saw this adorable calendar on Pinterest and my eldest daughter and I decided to start this for 2013!  If you click on the link above, it will take you to the original blog with all of the details of the project -- the original is very cute, but we decided to simplify it!  We simply took index cards that we had at home (probably from the dollar store) and my girl went through with the calendar and wrote the month and day for each day of the year on the cards.  We added in Leap Year so that we have it when we need it.  Now that we have the cards prepared, at the end of each day we take the card and write the year and then something that happened that day.  And then next year, we will write "2014" and then something that happened that day.  I still need to find something to put our cards in (cute recipe box? berry container, like the original?) and some cute cards to use as dividers.  The original version had vintage post cards which are adorable -- I don't have those, and I'm working on this with my girls, so I was thinking I'd have the girls decorate cards with drawings that are appropriate for each month (hearts for February, shamrocks for March, flowers for April, etc.).  I'll let them use their artistic license!

My daughter loves this project and has written many of our calendar entries.  This is a great calendar for looking back and reflecting on where you were and what you were doing in past years.  And it's great for keeping track of things for scrapbooks, baby books, etc! 

Trying to diet as a New Year's resolution?  Track your weight loss on a calendar like this, adding in things that worked and things that didn't -- separate the months with lo-cal recipe cards or inspirational photos or quotes.  So many possibilities!

No comments: