Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Waiting for Spring

I need a nap. I am feeling quite tired these days – not just physically tired, but mentally too. Something is zapping my energy – work, home, the weather… Just when we start seeing the ground, the snow pops up again. I have had a lot of different things on my plate at work lately, and while I love my job, I can’t get too excited about any of my projects right now. We were blessed to have visits from my mother-in-law and her sister, followed by a visit from my brother-in-law the following weekend – all of whom we love dearly. But in spite of how much you love having visitors (and I really do!), and as often as they tell you that you don’t need to entertain them, I still like to be a good hostess, and that can be tiring sometimes. I’m wrapping up the year of preschool events but I still have the school carnival to plan. My husband and I also volunteered to host his mother’s family reunion that takes place every four years in a different location. We will be hosting it during the Summer of 2012 but we’ve already begun deciding on locations, planning logistics, thinking about projects around our house that need to be done… Between all of this, regular life, and some things going on with my girls (which I will fill you in on soon), I am feeling quite tired and I’ve been neglecting my blog, which I love! I’ll try to do better! Hopefully, Spring will come soon and bring me a breath of much needed fresh air!

No comments: