Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Little TLC from Mom

My little munchkin has a nasty cold again! Grandpa was watching her at our house and called me at work this morning to let me know. I decided to keep her out of preschool this afternoon -- when I spoke with her teacher she said that my girl was the 3rd to call in that day! I also took the afternoon off so that I could relieve Grandpa of his nursing duties. I'm sure he was happy to get out of the line of germs (fingers crossed that he didn't catch anything while he was with her!), and I know she was happy to have Mommy home with her. Really, is there anything better than having your mom there to pamper you when you are sick? I think not! ;) On my way home, I stopped at the store to pick up my favorite Pediacare Vapor Plug-Ins -- a must-have for stuffy noses!! While I was there I grabbed a few other "sick day" must-haves -- chicken noodle soup, juice, some of my girl's favorite fruits, some "break 'n bake" cookies (of course homemade is better, but warm from the oven is always appreciated, regardless of who mixed it together!), and a few magazines to enjoy while she was napping! I got home and got her snuggled on the couch under a blanket while I made the soup and cookies. I coaxed her to the couch to have lunch with me -- lots of juice, little soup -- and we watched "Bambi" (her choice) under the blanket before she took a nap. The added bonus? My eldest daughter was surprised to find Mom with warm cookies from the oven when she got home from school -- what a treat!

No comments: