Thursday, August 13, 2009

Where Does the Time Go?

Tonight we went to my daughter's end of the season sailing banquet -- and I realized that summer is flying by! Ok, well, this wasn't a new revelation -- almost every day I marvel at how quickly this summer is moving along! But tonight I also thought that I am a bad, bad blogger... I have been very neglectful of my little blog (and my faithful reader -- sorry, Cath!) :) forgive me -- it's been a busy summer! I really have so much to share -- "What we would not do again travelling to Disney" (that was from May... Bad blogger!), the "deets" on the princess themed 3rd birthday party (ok, that was just last month -- July!), 2nd annual "Laura Ingalls Wilder Day" (getting better -- that was on Sunday!), getting ready to go back to school (for my 8 year old) and getting ready for preschool (my BABY in preschool -- say it isn't so!!). We have one last trip for the summer -- heading up to visit relatives in New Hampshire -- so we are very excited about that but also busy with trip prep! Tomorrow we are off to tackle school clothes shopping and school supply shopping -- we'll see how that goes... My 8-year-old is already as opinionated as a teenager about her clothing! "Just get all of my clothes at Justice, Mom!" Yeah, $27 for a pair of jeans for an 8 year old... Um, I don't think so! Wish me luck!

How has your summer been going? Are you all ready working on the back-to-school preparation, or still enjoying the "lazy days of summer"? Let me know what you've been up to -- I'd love to hear from you!

No comments: