Friday, February 12, 2010

Movie Night

WHEW -- we survived the preschool "Movie Night" tonight! I am the chairperson for family events at my daughter's preschool, and Movie Night is the third of four events that my committee puts on during the school year. The last time I did this job (when my now 9-year-old was only 4!), there was a blizzard on the night that we had planned for this event and so we canceled. I was fearful that it would be lots of kids, running around and not watching the movie, but it actually worked out really well! We watched Disney's "TinkerBell and the Lost Treasure" which was a nice movie to watch with that age group (2 - 4). It has a nice message about the importance of friendship, and it has enough "boy stuff" (bugs, tools, Tink's best friend Terrance, who is a boy...) that even the boys seemed to like it. Our preschool is run out of the same building as a church, so we are able to use the church's hall to hold events (Pasta Dinner, Holiday Party). It was nice to have such a nice, big space for the kids to stretch out. We invited the children to come in their pj's and to bring a sleeping bag and pillow to make themselves comfortable. It's pretty cold out, so my girls went in pajama tops and their jeans. We were able to get popcorn donated from the local movie theater and the committee all brought in juice, water, soda so we were able to offer this as a free event to our school families. We turned down the lights and everyone snuggled in with their popcorn and drink, and I was pleasantly surprised at how much the kids actually watched the movie! My girls had a great time and it ended up being a pretty relaxing evening, much to my delight!

No comments: